Leicestershire Police is launching a campaign to help businesses protect themselves from burglary.
5 top tips:
1. Install a suitable CCTV system;
2. Minimise the amount of cash kept on the premises, especially at times when the premises are empty;
3. If you do need to keep cash on site, get a safe, bolt it to the wall or floor, and restrict access to the keys;
4. Keep cash and valuable stock where they cannot be seen, especially when your building is unoccupied;
5. Keep an eye on people who may be viewing your property – if necessary challenge anyone acting suspiciously, and make a note of car registration numbers and report them to the police.
For more information visit: http://www.leics.police.uk/advice-and-information/crime-prevention/business-crime/premises